[NSRCA-discussion] Robart air can leak

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Sun Apr 30 04:37:03 AKDT 2006

Instead of just applying the solder over the hole, try cutting a small patch out of a soda can and lap-solder that over the hole. Of course, you need the special aluminum solder, called "alum-alloy" or something like that.

  Make sure the tank is vented while soldering.

  Bob R.

Ken Thompson <mrandmrst at comcast.net> wrote:
            Does anybody have any clue how I can repair a pinhole leak in a Robart air cylinder?

  For some reason there is a tiny leak in the side of the can.  Solder and silver solder won't hold pressure.  I thought about JB weld for aluminum, but I'm not sure that will hold 80 to 100 PSI either.

  Any hints would be helpful, TIA.

  Ken