[NSRCA-discussion] Electric F3A Power System

Bärtschiger Urs baertschiger-tai at bluewin.ch
Sun Apr 2 05:37:57 AKDT 2006

Hi all,

Many of you have quite a bit of experience with such power systems. We are
in the finishing stages of our first electric F3A plane and start thinking
of how we best observe and check our batteries, ESC and motor in order to
prevent failures of these components.
I woldn't want to go as far as Earl Haury does but sure would feel more
comfortable if I knew what's going on inside our plane. Question: Is the
famous Watt's Up Powerchecker a suitable instrument for this purpose (50A
cont., 100A max.)? - If not, then what is suitable in order to find out what
is happening inside the power system in general and, for example, if I
change props?
(BTW I have a infrared temp gauge on order already.)

TIA for your comments and recommendations.

Urs
NSRCA #3069
AMA852733