INCIDENCE settings

randy10926 at comcast.net randy10926 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 30 12:37:13 AKDT 2005

More than looks down.  The nose is down in a B-52; even in a climb.  The B-52 wing has a high angle of attack, it is a design feature to help the wing generate enough lift at gross weight.  When the B-52 was designed the knowledge base on how to design a wing of that huge size for the planned gross weight and speed was small.  My guess is Boeing had to use models and wind tunnels to get data to use for the design.  I used to live in the Seattle area in 79 and the model shop was very busy back then.

I remember wheel landing in cubs, champs, chiefs, stinstons, L-4s, L-5s, L-19s, Wacos and etc.  God I must be getting really old.  Ah a flight in a T-34 would be fun; again.

Randy

Lets not forget the B52 looks like it is nose down on takeoff.

WG