Backplate Pump for OS 1.60

jonlowe at aol.com jonlowe at aol.com
Fri Sep 30 12:35:22 AKDT 2005

After seeing the discussion about putting an OS 1.40 pump in the
backplate of an OS 1.60, I got to thinking.  The OS 1.40 pump/backplate
is over $150 from Tower, then you have to get a special 1.60 backplate
for another $100 or so.  In the old days, Perry made special backplates
with integral pumps for .61s.  I had one with a bad pump.  Perry
doesn't make the backplates anymore, but they put in a new pump in my
backplate for less than $50.  As long as we are thinking about making
up special backplates, what about copying the old .61 design for the
1.60, and sending them to Perry to have pumps put in?  This would
certainly clean up the installation of the 1.60, eliminate a couple of
failure points for the separate pump setup, and be a lot cheaper than
using the 1.40 pump.  I have a couple spare old Perry backplates that
could be used as samples for a machinist that I'd be willing to loan
out.  Anyone willing to take this on?

Jon Lowe

List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the list.