INCIDENCE settings

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Fri Sep 30 12:26:32 AKDT 2005

Ron,

That is a pet peeve of mine as well.

Remember the Hobie Hawk glider? It flew nose down -- WAY down. It was designed that way. It was not a balance issue at all.

Bob R.

Ron Van Putte <vanputte at cox.net> wrote:
This discussion also tapped into one of my pet peeves: Guy sees an
airplane flying around with the tail low and announces, "That airplane
is tail heavy". Probably wrong. The incidence relationship between
the wing and the horizontal tail is probably incorrect. The CG has an
effect, but the condition is usually caused by a bad trim setup. Now I
feel better.