Electric Airframes

Chad Northeast chad at f3acanada.org
Sat Sep 24 05:53:31 AKDT 2005

Jim

The planes bounce around a bit more in the wind/turbulence than my fully
fueled Enigma did (over 11lbs wet), and they also required different
throws, especially on the rudder.  Now my rudder is about 14" high and
the e-prop is 21" vs the 15.5" glow prop I would normally use.....so
thats probably a big part of the throw variance on the rudder.  I had a
couple of Evolis XXL's (140DZ) that were 9.4 lbs dry and my 10.3 lb
E-Enigma has a similar feel to those planes as far as I can remember
them anyways.

Twister's will be electric, I am never running another glow motor again
:-)  I got rid of all of them and everything associated with them.  I
had great luck with my YS's, I was able to put 70-80 gallons through a
140DZ without ever doing any work to it.  Those motors ran great for me
everyday.

I had a chat with Ola Fremming from Norway who was running electric
earlier in the season and went back to glow for the Worlds.  He was
having problems with batteries.  Turns out he was running the
Flightpower 5000 mAh packs built from the same cells that the Apogee's I
was initially running are built from.  So it was no surprise when I
heard what his experience was as it mirrored mine exactly.  Selecting
the right packs is crucial to making this work.

Chad

List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the list.