D4 District finals

Ken Thompson mrandmrst at comcast.net
Sun Sep 25 17:38:53 AKDT 2005

This year was another awesome contest, as usual.  Bob Pannell, Mark Atwood, Bob's wife Amy, Bob's daughter and her friend and all of the other great people from the Com-Air club that came out and gave their time.

Saturday was a late start, due to a low ceiling, but we had a good time, even waiting for it to clear.  By the end of Sunday I think everyone had 5 flights, except Sportsman got in 6, due to doubling up the sequences each flight.

The Steak Out and night fly went sweet, with the D5 guys kickin' in to help put on a great show, as usual.

A special thanks to Bob Pannell who went out of his way to run to his shop and cut me a new gear plate, when in doing a ceiling check, I gave my landing gear a test with the brush, short of the runway.  This is why I got hooked on Pattern, it's the people you meet, you can't beat 'em.

It seem that every contest I see Arch, he brings a new guy to whip me!  I'm starting to take this personal!!  Kiddin' aside, it was great flying with you Paul, and I'm pretty sure we've gotten another one hooked.  It's kinda' embarrassing to get whipped by a guy only flying the sequence for a week, next year, my friend, next year.

Thanks to all, and I can't wait 'till next year,

Ken Thompson

"Movin' up"