Electric F3A

Anne et Xavier xavier.mouraux at sympatico.ca
Sat Sep 24 16:15:30 AKDT 2005

I could tell a funny story for the electric. In the last few weeks, it
happen twice that I went to the field with my pattern plane (glow) and a
"40 size" electric pattern or 3D planes plus a foamie, and didn't take
the pattern plane out of the car. I was having fun, only had to connect
the battery and go fly. I was suppose to practice the sequence. I even
got the comment today while I was walking to the runway for the first
flight: "already ready to go!?"

I am evaluating the power system for my new plane and I know the
electric setup will be (more) expensive. However, the cleanness and
simplicity at the field worth some money to me. If I don't need a backup
plane, it saves some money there too. I would go the easy way by
following other people's experimentation so I should avoid damaging
equipment. I will continue my evaluation but I may trick the numbers so
the answer is electric :-)

Xavier