Trailers again

Ken Blackwell kblackw at adelphia.net
Tue Sep 6 06:05:14 AKDT 2005

John,

I have an Aero Express, BX 185 Constantine, MI 616-435-6905. It is a
custom made very very light trailer on a light chassis as you suggest.
Alum upper frame with RV type aluminum covering. It folds open along one
side. The bed is 6' wide by 10' long by approx 36" high. These are
custom made and you have to pick them up in MI....or nearby arranged
location.

One thing to consider in selecting a model trailer.....Most U-haul type
trailers have very stiff springs for hauling heavy loads and tend to
bounce around too much when loaded with feathers....or model equipment.
So when one is looking for a trailer....the overall weight and spring
size are very important considerations.

Ken Blackwell

John Ferrell wrote:

> I am beginning to look at trailers again.
> I seem to be aging fast and by the time I get everything out of the
> motor home to fly I am too tired to do much flying. Hitching the Pace
> trailer has also become an event that is taxing. Things were best when
> I was able to keep the plane assembled in the Pace and ready to fly.
>
> The simple solution is to fly smaller airplanes or give it up all
> together. I am too stubborn for either of those options yet.
>
> The ideal trailer for me is:
> Easy to hitch (light weight)
> Weather proof... No special storage needs
> Big enough for one 2 M pattern plane and related equipment.
>
> It would be a plus to be able to carry the plane assembled.
> The best I have seen so far is the one Bryan Hebert has.
>
> What I envision is a low flat trailer with a fiber glass or aluminum
> box built on a light weight frame like Harbor freight sells.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> John Ferrell
> http://DixieNC.US

List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the list.