Trailers again

brian young brian_w_young at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 6 05:55:23 AKDT 2005

There was a guy flying in Indianapolis, he has an old pop-up camper shell that had the soft sides removed. He flew 33% Extras and could get 2 fuses in plus wings dissassembled of course. I dont think you could get a 2x2 assembled in it and im not sure it would be easy to hitch up. But, it was convenient for getting the plains in and out cause he would just raise the top and lift out the planes. Just an idea.

Had another friend w/ one of the aluminum framed trailers, while very light it bounced a lot...and so did anything inside.

John Ferrell <johnferrell at earthlink.net> wrote:
I am beginning to look at trailers again.
I seem to be aging fast and by the time I get everything out of the motor home to fly I am too tired to do much flying. Hitching the Pace trailer has also become an event that is taxing. Things were best when I was able to keep the plane assembled in the Pace and ready to fly.

The simple solution is to fly smaller airplanes or give it up all together. I am too stubborn for either of those options yet.

The ideal trailer for me is:
Easy to hitch (light weight)
Weather proof... No special storage needs
Big enough for one 2 M pattern plane and related equipment.

It would be a plus to be able to carry the plane assembled.
The best I have seen so far is the one Bryan Hebert has.

What I envision is a low flat trailer with a fiber glass or aluminum box built on a light weight frame like Harbor freight sells.

Any ideas?

John Ferrell
http://DixieNC.US