[SPAM] Re: Electric for Strong .40 size

Ron Lockhart ronlock at comcast.net
Mon May 30 08:04:22 AKDT 2005

OK John,

I recently finished a modified Tiger II electric- flys Masters easily.
It's a strong .40 size sport pattern plane.

Axi 4120 outrunner around $150
Phoenix 60 ESC     around $160
5s3p 6000mah Thunder power lipo around $275
Astro 109 Lipo charger, around $130
14x 8.5 APC E.   Draws 40 amps.

I have not pushed the battery for duration yet-
Doing masters pattern takes about 2.5 amps.
Looks like I could get two masters patterns.
Recharge takes a half hour after one masters pattern.

My modified Tiger with the above LiPo weighs 5 1/4 lbs.
without batt is
If you put this stuff in an ARF that weighs more, performance
will of course suffer some.  You could get some of that back
by going to bigger prop, of maybe a 5s2p to save some weight.

Later, Ron Lockhart