[SPAM] L&T Comments

Lamar Blair l.blair at worldnet.att.net
Tue May 17 17:24:56 AKDT 2005

Hello All,
I have been reading the discussion and comments (pro and con) on issues with the new Takeoff and Landing Rules, and would like all to consider the following:

1. What was voted in by the Contest Board last year is in the AMA Rule book, and rehashing what has been thoroughly dissected and discussed several times before will not resolve any of the issues.

2. Don Ramsey has been asked to clarify what he can, and where he can, and post the results as soon as possible. Recognize he cannot change the Rules, and is working with AMA to clarify items within what is stated, to provide the best understanding/resolution he can.

3. Don has been collecting comments to support our 2005 survey, to help establish our AMA Membership position, and recommendations on all of the other issues you have identified. Please ensure you provide clear and concise information and rationale for each issue to Don, so he can collect, collate, and include them in the Survey.

By the way, some of the commentary on the L&T issue has included intended humor, but be careful it is obvious, since not all of us can express ourselves as well in print as maybe we can face to face. As you can tell in some of the posts the tone can get a little testy. Our intent should be to get the issues stated factually, history documented accurately and without "embellishments", rationale clearly stated both pro and con, and objectively provide recommendations.

Thanks for your continued passion for our SPORT-now go build that new plane, burn fuel and practice, or test the new sequence proposals, but by all means lets get fun back in the equation.

Lamar Blair
NSRCA President
256-353-8154
l.blair at worldnet.att.net