YS 1.40DZ Questions

Larry Diamond lld613 at psci.net
Tue May 17 05:50:20 AKDT 2005

I refitted my Focus with a YS 140DZ. Don't know that I'm getting the power I
should get. With that said, I now fly with less throttle than the YS 140L;
45 degree up lines are now at ½ throttle and vertical lines are about ¾
throttle.

Here is my set up:

1)	Medium size fuel tubing, new (no air bubbles noted)
2)	Power Master 30% DZ
3)	APC 17x12
4)	NMP Header from Central Hobbies (Having problems stopping the
exhaust leaks at the head, using Permatex -26B- Red RTV Silicone, rated at
650F+).
5)	5/8" coupler
6)	698 Hatori pipe.
7)	Check valve on the vent line.
8)	16oz Sullivan fuel tank w/ foam clunk (because that is what was in
it before. Any recommendation for a 20 oz tank?)
9)	Pump is about ½ turn in from flush.
10)	Needle is at about 2 turns out.
11)	Max ground RPM - 7,900 / Air Temp - 60F
12)	Idles -reliably- at 2,600 RPM

Not necessarily considered broke in yet, 4 tanks ran on the ground
(following the steps by Don Szczur on Radio South's website) and two flights
with the Intermediate sequence...

What prop is being used and what RPM should be expected with PM 30% DZ?