YS 1.40DZ Questions

Adam Glatt adam.g at sasktel.net
Tue May 17 06:03:18 AKDT 2005

Larry, you have this mixed up.  The 17x12 is recommended for the 160DZ,
not the 140DZ.  On the 140DZ I was running the 15.5x12w, spinning around
8600.  I started with the 16.5x12w, but later tried the smaller prop and
found it worked a little better.

And if anyone find outs the secret to idling a 140DZ slowly, let me
know.  To get the idle lean enough to get down into the 1800RPM idle,
the pump has to be too lean for full throttle.

-Adam

Larry Diamond wrote:

>I refitted my Focus with a YS 140DZ. Don't know that I'm getting the power I
>should get. With that said, I now fly with less throttle than the YS 140L;
>45 degree up lines are now at ½ throttle and vertical lines are about ¾
>throttle.
>
>Here is my set up:
>
>1)	Medium size fuel tubing, new (no air bubbles noted)
>2)	Power Master 30% DZ
>3)	APC 17x12
>4)	NMP Header from Central Hobbies (Having problems stopping the
>exhaust leaks at the head, using Permatex -26B- Red RTV Silicone, rated at
>650F+).
>5)	5/8" coupler
>6)	698 Hatori pipe.
>7)	Check valve on the vent line.
>8)	16oz Sullivan fuel tank w/ foam clunk (because that is what was in
>it before. Any recommendation for a 20 oz tank?)
>9)	Pump is about ½ turn in from flush.
>10)	Needle is at about 2 turns out.
>11)	Max ground RPM - 7,900 / Air Temp - 60F
>12)	Idles -reliably- at 2,600 RPM
>
>Not necessarily considered broke in yet, 4 tanks ran on the ground
>(following the steps by Don Szczur on Radio South's website) and two flights
>with the Intermediate sequence...
>
>What prop is being used and what RPM should be expected with PM 30% DZ?

List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the list.