calling complete for new takeoff

Lewis, Richard richard.lewis at idmcontrols.com
Mon May 16 13:11:34 AKDT 2005

I would love nothing more than to see a ruling/clarification from the
AMA Contest board to the effect you state below....problem solved,
discussion complete until time for a re-write in the future rules cycle.

Until then, as a contestant or judge, it is inappropriate and goes
against all that is good about pattern to interpret the "spirit" of the
written rule and judge takeoffs/landing to whatever standard my "common
sense" provides.  After all, my "common sense" and yours may not be the
same...I may see it "common sense" to do a humpty-bump with a full roll
in the downline to turnaround and set up for final after ending downwind
on the intermediate sequence, while your common sense may see it as a
nice round zero....

It appears that what the CD's (at least so far in D6) seem to be doing
is applying their own "common sense", and allowing some discussion at
the pilot meetings and then announcing that a runway landing is a 10 and
off-runway landing is  zero...same for takeoffs.  It's unfortunate that
this is having to be done this way, and it may be setting up more than a
few contestants for alot of zeros at the Nats, where the AMA is king,
and you'll have the same folks who's "common sense" created the rule
running the show...somehow.

Richard