calling complete for new takeoff

rcaerobob at cox.net rcaerobob at cox.net
Mon May 16 11:19:38 AKDT 2005

One issue today is a shortage of those with enough time in the game to understand and have experienced the "history".  Those who fail to learn from history, risk repeating it.  And we are.

The issue is that the AMA Rules process gives equal weight to any submission, if legal, and irrespective of its' author or source.

The Contest Board has to try to navigate through that jungle.

Sometime read the OTHER SIGS proposals at rules time, and how many "independent" versions of VERY similar proposals their Contest BOards have to try to work through.

The intent was VERY simple, and it needed doing (I started a thread over on RCU to explain at least MY rationale for "WHY") in my opinion.  I know many don't agree;  maybe they fly in these wonderful, sunny, fair-wind contests where they are NEVER hung up by the delays the old landing rules caused, or nearly creamed by someone paranoid of varying takeoff track in a crosswind because of fear of losing points.

This ain't Kansas, Toto.  The zero or ten landing takeoff CAN speed up contests, save airplanes, and permit less wasted time in meetings, seminars, CD-debates, and appealed scores.

Maybe we just all haven't figured that out yet.

Bob Pastorello.

> From: "John Ferrell" <johnferrell at earthlink.net>
> Date: 2005/05/16 Mon PM 12:30:34 EDT
> To: <discussion at nsrca.org>
> Subject: Re: calling complete for new takeoff
>
> I often wonder if the Contest board considers our efforts as threats to their position?
>
> Clearly, it is their turf and their votes have priority over ours. Cultivating an adversarial relationship is not productive. As I recall the NSRCA Rules survey was developed to assist the Contest Board, not to threaten it.
>
> I would like to know if the Contest Board would prefer we do things differently or may be not at all.
> How might I get an answer to that question without becoming a lightning rod?
>
> If we are viewed as a problem rather than a piece of the solution, there are several of us could better use our time.
>
> John Ferrell
> http://DixieNC.US

Bob Pastorello, El Reno, OK, USA
rcaerobob at cox.net