Contests

Jim Ivey jivey61 at bellsouth.net
Wed May 4 06:17:31 AKDT 2005

Guys
I have found out now that the D3 champs were decided to be at P'cola,which should clarify my first entry to this string of mail.
Secondly if we had good weather all the time we could spread out the contests That doesn't happen. In the district we have canceled two contests already because of wind or rain.  If the Cd's could get together or someone that could make a district shedule and set these dates,this would work on paper but would only benefit those in the middle of the district so far as distance traveled. The other problem doing this is that the supporting clubs have their own schedules,that may not revolve around pattern contests. This would have to be considered also.
Bottom line is that we are trying to cram a lot of flying into a small period of time,depending on weather and mother nature seems to be the winner again.

Jim Ivey

> From: "Mike Hester" <kerlock at comcast.net>
> Date: 2005/05/04 Wed AM 08:59:05 EDT
> To: <discussion at nsrca.org>
> Subject: Re: Contests
>
> My sentiments exactly. Cameron makes some really good points here.
>
> I understand that CDs and long standing contests have "thier weekend", but
> for the sake of both the contestants and the contests themselves, it's sort
> of a crunch to have 3 contests every weekend one month, then no contests for
> 2 after that, then 3 in one month again. You know at LEAST one of the 3 is
> going to lose out.
>
> Now I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers here, but I think speaking as a
> competitor and one who generally does a good bit of traveling and competing
> in D3, we should at least try and get the CDs togetehr and see if we can do
> some reorganizing in the future. This could do NOTHING but make it better
> for everyone involved. I'm willing to bet attendance would go up across the
> board if we were able to spread it out again.
>
> And I understand how it got to be this way, it's because things change,
> contests come and go, and things just ended up like this out of
> circumstance. I just think we should look at it and see what (if anything)
> could be done to make it better for everyone.
>
> My 2 cents worth.
>
> Now I have some serious building to do, because I am right now officially
> without a plane. My trusty Tempest is now toast after a rogue wind gust when
> I was flaring out.
>
> Yay. I love pressure =)
> -Mike

List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the list.