Adobe Troubles (longer)

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Sun Mar 27 22:08:06 AKST 2005

IMHO, it all comes down to the application software.
Quirks in the OS can be overcome by the application
developer.

The fact is that there are far more choices in
application software for the windows platform. Lots of
bad ones, lots of good ones. At least there are more
choices.

As far as the remark about Scaled Composites using the
Mac platform, I don't really think anyone would say
that Scaled owes any of their successes to the Mac.
I'm sure they could have found application software
for the windows platform that would have given them
the same success they have achieved with the Mac.

Come to think of it, Burt was designing successful
planes before either the Mac or Windows hit the
market. And his first sketches of the Voyager was by
hand on a table napkin.

All of the best technology in the world will never
guarantee success. Success is about will and
determination, not about the selection of tools.

Bob R.

List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the list.