THROTTLE SERVO

Keith Black tkeithb at comcast.net
Tue Mar 22 11:53:55 AKST 2005

I ran the HS85BB (not MG) and it lasted about 300 flights (or around two
years), before it stuck at wide open throttle just before pulling for the 45
deg inverted snap.  Luckily I noticed before pulling the snap and proceeded
to fly a pylon course with my Aries for the next nine minutes.  If that
wasn't bad enough it started sprinkling about 30 seconds after the throttle
stuck and the visibility started deteriorating (wet prescription sunglasses
didn't help). I had to keep it pretty close so I wouldn't loose sight of it
:-0

I was lucky that the heavy rain held off until after I landed safely. But
needless to it was a stressful nine minutes!

Keith Black