THROTTLE SERVO

Wayne Galligan wgalligan at goodsonacura.com
Tue Mar 22 11:44:18 AKST 2005

I have been running a HiTec 85MGBB  for my throttle servo.  I have had to
replace this servo about 3 times in the last 2.5 yrs.   I have seen many
people run this servo or one this size in the open engine bay and was
wondering what kind of life you are getting out of your servo's.   When mine
go bad its in the mid-range or center the throttle will surge and sometimes
it will make the elevator twitch when this happens.    I am going to make a
plate and recess the servo out of the engine bay to eliminate the heat and
fuel.   Could it be vibration at this throttle point could be effecting the
pot in the servo...???

Wayne Galligan