Another box rule (discussion)

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Thu Mar 10 10:07:30 AKST 2005

Okay, Okay, I give. It was 50 years ago already. Jeeesh that's as old as I
am. <BG>

Bill, I was just being kind!

MattK

In a message dated 3/10/2005 1:38:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
billglaze at triad.rr.com writes:

While I  definitely like the new system of downgrading, I remember well my
first  contest season.  All that we had, at that time, was impression  judging.
(~1955)
And, guess what?  It worked remarkably well; I  can't recall ever having
misgivings about the placement of at least the first  five people; maybe more.
But yes, now is better, IMHO.

Bill  Glaze

_Rcmaster199 at aol.com_ (mailto:Rcmaster199 at aol.com)  wrote:

In pattern there is a hard rule that has been passed by the CB. It's  called
the "1 pt per 15 degree " rule, and pattern judges apply the rule  fairly well
to center maneuvers at least. Most of the top judges in pattern  try hard NOT
to judge " by impression", but rather by the  Downgrade Guidelines that have
been established. The downgrades are often  discussed at judging seminars and
a handout of downgrades is given to  attendees. Also a list of mandatory
zeroes is given to same. To return back  to impression judging would be to take a
step backwards to 20 years  ago.

MattK

In a message dated 3/10/2005 1:06:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,