Fuel/Buy Local

Atwood, Mark atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Wed Mar 2 07:24:25 AKST 2005

It's a VERY valid Point.  I'll reply since I'm the one who's organized
this.

Originally, when we put this together, it was a local "club" fuel
purchase, and it DID go through the local hobby shop.  They assisted me
in orchestrating it BY PowerMasters request that we support a store.
The shop got a small piece of the profits along with the ability to
stock their store at a discounted price even to them.

Since then...it has morphed a little.  That hobby shop has since closed,
and we have been unable to get another shop to pick up the mantel.  At
least in our area (Cleveland) there are NO shops that stock or carry PM
fuels.  So we have continued to do an annual one time purchase.

I'm not sure why local shops don't carry this fuel save that being from
Texas...the shipping is punitive compared to a more local manufacturer
to remain unnamed.   I personally have continued to solicit local shops
to help facilitate this and carry the brand, to no avail.  Pricing is an
issue...it's a more expensive fuel than the local brand.

There's an argument to say that we saturate the local market, but in
reality, it's mostly some competition guys all buying 4,6 even 15 cases
in one case (Bob you know who you are!)  I've actually lost a lot of my
local club flyers because they don't want to "over" buy, but if they run
out...there's no shop to buy more at.

Does that explain some of it??

-Mark