Fuel/Buy Local

Marty King mking46516 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 2 07:45:32 AKST 2005

Both Mark and Dan have valid points. I know as a AMA
club president that we have been buying fuel for years
in bulk and breaking it down and selling it to
members. We, like many other clubs, do this directly
from manufactures and bypass the LHS anyway.

We do support our LHS's in other ways and they support
us as well. I even ran a satalite location in my
basement for a LHS for years. I can tell you that with
freight, hazmat charges, let alone the extra for
storing flamible materials in the store, most LHS's
around here only carry fuel as a service for customers
who need the odd gallon or a fresh newbie to get him
started.

I think all of us owe cudos to Powermaster for
allowing us to buy this way and Mark for handling it.
Before I joined the NSRCA I bought powermaster direct
and had it shipped. I would buy 2 cases at a time and
the freight was almost worth a case of fuel!

Thanks Mark!

Marty

=====
Marty King