Off Subject: Ham Radio

John Ferrell johnferrell at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 20 06:54:48 AKDT 2005

It is likely that all of the code requirements will soon go away. The Extra
Class Theory test really is not all that hard for anyone who knows how to
study a little. The test environment is friendly and inexpensive. The goal
of the examiners is to get you through rather than try to see if they can
disqualify you!

The costs of a good HF setup are less than a Pattern Airplane and you can
use it all winter long.
My 100 Watts into a 3 element beam works the whole world on 20 &10.

Federal Law is on the side of the Ham when it comes to antennas. That don't
mean it is OK to annoy your neighbors, but it does mean they have to be
reasonable!

   -- de W8CCW
John Ferrell
http://DixieNC.US