Off Subject: Ham Radio

Richard Strickland richard.s at allied-callaway.com
Tue Jun 21 09:00:10 AKDT 2005

Yes.  Charlie Reed, John Britt, and Mike McFarland were all on Ham
frequencies and it seemed like the thing to do in '87.  And 2M was handy for
caravanning.  Since 04 was one of the newer frequencies for the Masters and
the Nats;  that's the one I got--promptly got shot down and have been on 07
since (except for Majors). Code was required then for Tech--so I didn't
quite understand why they wouldn't give me credit for it on my re-take of
the Tech written.  It was the night before my first contest in years--so I
didn't make an issue out of it (I was relieved just to pass the written
again) as Code isn't required for Tech now.

Richard