[SPAM] Re: Landing Direction

Keith Black tkeithb at comcast.net
Fri Jun 10 15:59:15 AKDT 2005

If you had a dangerous situation in Knoxville what prevented the CD from just making the decision that for that event that pilots could land into the wind regardless of take-off direction? I've been to several contests were the CD made to/landing rule declarations in the interest of safety.

I hardly believe this is a real emergency considering that it's been the case for years now.

I'll reiterate that I'm not coming out in opposition to the rule, but Lamar makes a good point about the survey. In the interim let CD's exercise common sense. For that matter so can pilots. If you're situation was really dangerous just take the zero and then appeal the safety aspect with the CD to try and reverse the zero.

Common sense must prevail.

Keith Black