Rule Change Proposal

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Fri Jun 10 05:25:04 AKDT 2005

Ron:
Excellent thinking., in my opinion.  As one who trashed an airplane
rather than trashing landing points, (O.K. bad judgment) this resonates
with me.  But, even before that incident, I wondered just why one should
be forced to violate good piloting rules?  And, further, in the case of
the present Intermediate situation, where it is necessary that, after
finishing the sequence, the pilot is forced to stooge around to situate
himself for landing, he could, instead, just fly a natural, time
conserving landing pattern, and land at the direction of his choice.
I'd vote for it, even to the extent of making landing direction optional
for the pilot.  (May be too radical thinking for some, though.)
Bill Glaze

Ron Van Putte wrote:

> I'd like to float a rule change proposal for consideration and
> discussion.
>
> After recently attending a contest in which landing downwind was very
> difficult and dangerous, I thought there should be a rule change
> regarding the landing direction.  Off the top of my head, I'd say
> something like, "In case of a wind shift during the flight and to
> reduce the hazard to people and the aircraft, subject to the approval
> of the judges, the landing direction is the pilot's option."
>
> Comments?
>
> Ron Van Putte

> and follow the instructions.
>
> List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the