Rule Change Proposal

John Ferrell johnferrell at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 10 06:51:18 AKDT 2005

This one of the many rules that need immediate change. We seem to be stuck
somewhere in the 1980 time frame and are refusing to accept that years of
experience and changing conditions just might yield  a better competition
environment.

A good part of the problem is the matter of the rules cycle itself. As many
of us get to the age where we put a lot of thought into buying green bananas
it becomes less important what anyone has planned four years out!

The rules need a full rewrite to reflect how things are, not how they used
to be. The rewrite should embrace the advantages of current technology and
put aside the artificial limitations of days past.

As it is we are really only addressing urgent/emergency proposals.

Most people bail out of the stock market before the value falls 50%. Our
membership has dropped 50% in the last few years. By all indicators I trust,
our ship is on the rocks. The rules we play by are the keel of that ship. If
we wait until it is trashed beyond repair, the ship is lost. Of course,
there will still be a few of us around treading water trying to refloat the
remains.

I believe that if Precision Aerobatics is going to survive it is essential
that it be "re-invented" from the roots up. I think the planning horizon of
both the AMA and the NSRCA are too short and self serving to allow that to
happen.

Nobody with a Medicare card in their pocket should be laying down the long
range foundation.

The last general overhaul was Turnaround. It is time again.

John Ferrell
http://DixieNC.US