midairs

Steven Maxwell patternrules at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 9 23:31:57 AKDT 2005

 There seems to be lots of talk about midairs lately and not sure if it is
a real concern or not the only way to really eliminate midairs is only have
one flight line by doing that you would have less rounds at contest but you
could also use more judges instead of the typical 2 you could now have 4
judges the total number of round at contest would be less but the judging
base would be the same, I know that lots of people like to have the 2 throw
out rounds but in the same manner pattern has always been not only about
just being the best pilot but having reliable equipment, less throw out
rounds would also the more consistent pilot. I'm not proposing that is the
way contest should run in the future seems that the turnaround and BOX has
increased the possibility of midairs.
 Just some simple thoughts on an ongoing problem, if it is, could even fly
with more peace of mind.

Steven Maxwell
patternrules at earthlink.net
EarthLink Revolves Around You.