Flying the new sequences

Verne Koester verne at twmi.rr.com
Tue Jun 7 20:44:40 AKDT 2005

Eric,
Actually, we have TWO rolling maneuvers following a crossbox turnaround. The
1/4, 1/2, 1/4 roll follows the crossbox humpty, and the reverse knife
follows the crossbox top hat. I'm sure this sounds like a bunch of
complaining, but my actual goal was to plant a seed that might result in
some new turnarounds with options for future schedules. Currently, we have
the humpty we/options as the sole available turnaround that offers the pilot
the option of staying on his existing line or changing it. We could probably
do something similar with a top hat where 1/2 rolls maintains your line and
1/4 rolls provides adjustment. Collectively, we should be able to come up
something new that we've never done before. In any case, I don't think we
should ever have a forced crossbox in front of a roll.

I just glanced over the new proposed schedules and noted that doesn't occur
in any of those. Obviously, the guys working on them deserve a lot of credit
for getting it right! I know from experience what an arduous task it is to
sit 5 or 6 pattern egos across from one another and hammer out a schedule
that flows and presents well. Great job!!!!!!!

Verne