9Z WC2 question

Verne Koester verne at twmi.rr.com
Mon Jun 6 15:10:41 AKDT 2005

Richard,
It's a nylon/plastic gear. It was all the rage a few years back to do just
what you're talking about. Most guys just filed a little deeper in between
the teeth at the spot they wanted to hit consistently. I never did it myself
as I didn't much care for that approach (too permanent). In any event, to
get to the sticks in a 9Z, the main circuit board is in the way which means
unplugging a bunch of ribbon connectors, removing a few screws, and removing
it. If you've never had it out, I'd suggest diagramming the 4 or 5 similar
connectors by color code so you can get it back together as intended. The
other connectors are all different sizes so no-brainer there. The larger
ribbon connectors have a little "snap bar" retainer on the top of the
connector that needs to be gently pried back with a small screwdriver to
release the ribbon. Once you have the board out of the way, you'll see the
ratchet and it'll be obvious how it works. OTOH, the absolute safe route is
to send the TX to Tony Stillman and let him know what you want....

Verne