cataract update

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Tue Jul 26 16:23:13 AKDT 2005

On Jul 26, 2005, at 5:27 PM, Steven Maxwell wrote:

>  Can tell you that I can already see things that I couldn't with
> glasses  I just put in my drops that I have to do every 2 hours and
> besides seeing across the lake things I have never been able to see
> are clear and sharp but one the biggest differences is colors are
> bright and like alive the closest thing I can think of would be
> looking at a picture with 1/2 of it covered with wax paper the wax
> paper side is what I thought was normal.
>  Sorry for taking up list space with this but I know there are others
> out there in the same shape as I, do yourself a favor and get checked
> really good and stress the cataracts.

I can attest to everything Steve wrote.  The colors are much brighter.
However, the most remarkable thing I noticed was how much more white
white was.  Between surgeries, I compared what I could see with the
'bad' eye versus the 'good' eye.  This may seem crude, but, by
comparison with the 'good' eye,  the 'bad' eye made a white wall look
like I was looking through a glass of urine!

Ron Van Putte