CDing a first contest

Larry Diamond lld613 at psci.net
Thu Jan 13 18:07:40 AKST 2005

Three open AMA members will need to sign that you have experience as an
event official (they don't need to be CDs), this is from the CD application.
You will also need to take an open book test and take as much time as you
need in the comfort of your own home.

I gained the experience in my club for coordinating a non-sanctioned fun-fly
contest. CDing a contest is great fun, and you will not be alone.people that
attend your contest will probably help as needed. The NSRCA Web-site has
good info on preparing and running a contest.

I attended 10 contests before applying for CD (three I didn't fly in, and
seven I did) during my first year. Ask allot of question and learn a good
and bad things at a contest. You can then put your ideas to work for a
successful contest. Highly recommend this approach.

Larry Diamond

  _____