Judge Feedback

George Kennie geobet at gis.net
Thu Jan 13 10:27:30 AKST 2005

<<One thing that has not been mentioned is approachability of the
pilot. I have had pilots really get mad at even suggesting they did
something wrong. Luckily it doesn't
happen that often, such that I have been dissuaded from making
constructive criticisms.>>

Very true! Boy did I learn that the hard way.
Sometime back I offered a constructive correction to an individual,
who at that particular contest was in the upper eschelon of his
class at that particular contest and reacted extremely negatively to
my input due to the fact that he felt he needed every available
point to fare well in the overall outcome.Additionally it was an
unsolicited offering.
The result was that it didn't turn out well for me either, but I
realized that his reaction was one of  the passion of the moment and
he was of the opinion that he was being unfairly treated. I was
quite hurt at the time, however I realized the import that the
downgrade placed in the mind of the pilot so I have never harbored
any resentment toward this individual as the reaction was spurred by
the heat of the moment. I had always really liked the particular
individual and still do,...immensely!
Unfortunately I happen to be an individual who just can't keep my
big mouth shut especially when I see an area where I can help a guy
make a corrective improvement and I'll probably never be able to
outgrow the condition.
G.