Judge Feedback

Bob Pastorello rcaerobob at cox.net
Wed Jan 12 14:09:04 AKST 2005

Matt, et al -
    Feedback is what we all need, and from the judges DURING the round is NOT the time to do it.  Going to a contest is the VERY BEST practice I ever get.  There is more mental focus, more disciplined flying, and the extra "energy" of being judged, etc.  It really is when my flying improves the most.
    Of course, I have to completely ignore the scoresheets to accomplish that, as quite frequently the feedback on the scoresheet is far less critical than what I really need - OR - it is incorrectly critical (one guy sees a 9, the other guy sees a 4 - one of 'em is wrong, so I disregard both)....
    This is the main reason I don't pickup the "tear sheets", nor observe the standings until it's all over.  It really does help me to stay focused on what I'm supposed to.

Ya'll should try it - it works!

Bob Pastorello
NSRCA 199  AMA 46373
rcaerobob at cox.net