Class Structure

Wallaceaero1 at aol.com Wallaceaero1 at aol.com
Mon Jan 10 08:51:07 AKST 2005

That sounds good in theory, but not sure that would work out too well at a contest. Most folks are just too busy, especially people running the contest.

Our club, The Aeroguidance Society, has had very good luck with running
"pattern primers" twice a year in which the experienced pattern fliers in the club provide detailed explanation/demonstration of the sportsman sequence and get the guys plenty of practise with coaching and feedback. At the end of the day we run a simulated contest with judges in place. Last year we were able to get I think 5 guys to enter Sportsman at our contest. The real trick is to get them interested enough to travel to some other events ;)

Scott Wallace