Electric

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Sun Jan 9 14:45:49 AKST 2005

It would seem that the 5 kg. (note: not 11 lb.) weight was established
by the FAI as the max. some time ago.  The ability of electric power at
the time of the formation of this rule obviously was not on anybody's
horizon.  Perhaps it now is; I have no way of knowing.
However, it would seem that now is the opportunity for us to set a
standard for this new power source.
I welcome Jerry's input and thought on this. It needs attention.
BTW: I had the privilege to judge a round of Masters' that included
Jerry's flight with the electric.  It seemed to me that it gave nothing
away to the fuel powered planes.  His high placing was hard earned, and
well deserved, IMHO.

Bill Glaze
AMA 2221
NSRCA 2388