National Champion

Earl Haury ehaury at houston.rr.com
Sun Jan 2 15:18:14 AKST 2005

Bob

I disagree with your statement that the Nats Masters winner is THE national champion. Let me suggest that we currently generate four national champions at the Nats, one for each class . The achievement for the Intermediate Champion is no less than the achievement for Advanced, Masters, or F3A winners. Sure the skill levels differ - but the assumption is that a person flying the correct class (basis our advancement system) must excel within his/her peer group to win. A National Champion is just that - regardless of class. It might be fun to present a "best of the best" award for the highest percentage score of  the  4 Nats Champs, I bet the class distribution would be pretty even over time.

Earl