Weight limit discussion

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Sun Feb 27 10:48:34 AKST 2005

Mark,

I agree. I have been out of pattern for about 8 years,
but attended a recent contest as a spectator. What
impressed me were some of the ARFs (Focus) that come
covered, cheaper than the Finesse I bought RTC back in
'94. The engines are cheaper (larger two strokes) and
overall it is far easier/cheaper to get into pattern
with a decent setup.

Of course, the top dawgs will always be flying tricked
out setups that cost big bucks, and there will be
others that feel the ONLY way to be competitive is by
using the same equipment as the top dawgs. That will
always be the case, regardless of what the rules are.
It is up to the rest of us to demonstrate that the
expensive equipment is not needed to be competitive.

IMHO, changing the rules now is like a dog chasing its
tail.

Thanks for the rant!

Bob R.