[SPAM] Re: Pipe Life Questions

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Mon Feb 21 04:36:07 AKST 2005

Buff (and others who have had the same problem)
About how many flights did it take to get the pipe blockage that you
folks are talking about?  Obviously, it announces itself by degrading
engine performance, and I was curious about when to start looking for
the problem.  One of my Hatori pipes had a lot of crud on the outside,
and I cleaned it with some Airplane Cleaner that I picked up at Advanced
Auto Parts.  It took several applications, but did a fair job of
cleaning.  But--that's not the same as the inside of the pipe.  When I
was building engines, I had a 5 gallon pail of carburetor cleaner and
I'm wondering if that stuff would do any good.  It sure removed all the
crud from a carburetor; while the race engines never got all that dirty,
I did do other stuff besides, and I saw the carb cleaner work miracles.

Bill Glaze
P.S. Buff:  See you at Myrtle Beach!