[SPAM] Re: [SPAM] Re: Pattern DVD was "Re: Rules don't grow sports!"

Grow Pattern pattern4u at comcast.net
Wed Feb 9 14:18:51 AKST 2005

Ref. (like how it's at you?!?)  - Nice try!

Incoming... The NSRCA will succeed in growing pattern IF more people take on
the growth tasks rather than a few who always do the work. We have tried it
with a centralized few and it does not even maintain a steady state.

You will note that Lamar has already created several sub-committees, which
equate to more people being involved. He is also looking for candidates to
fill several positions that come from the bylaws that are directly related
to the main theme of this topic.

I really do have enough on my plate, what with normal VP duties, writing my
MA column and pattern kit "reviews", covering the Nat's for MA, performing
my duties as NSRCA Nat's coordinator, the Banquet, the auction, organizing
scribes etc..

Time to duck,...However, Seeing as how you spoke up, you really look like a
candidate for putting together a team to make a promotional DVD to me....

(VBG) but also serious...

Regards,

Eric.

Here's the section of the Bylaws that appertains to growth and
communications...Can you see yourself in there.????

 ARTICLE IX  - COMMUNICATIONS and PROMOTION.

Section 1 - General
a. The NSRCA has a primary mission to promote and communicate the subject
and subject matter of precision aerobatics.  This is a specific set of
bylaws that focus on NSRCA communications and promotions to encourage the
society to develop the sport.

Section 2 - Communications

a.  There shall be a newsletter type of publication produced on a target of
monthly basis wherever physically and fiscally possible. Normally this
"newsletter" will be sent to all eligible members. For promotional and
communication purposes the Newsletter may also be sent to others deemed
valuable to the purposes of the NSRCA. These other recipients may include,
but are not limited to, officers of the AMA, and officers of other Modeling
Societies and AMA Special Interest Groups (referred to as SIGs).

b.  The editor of the Newsletter shall be appointed by the NSRCA Board of
Directors.

c. The communication and transport of the newsletter is not limited to
current mail services and can also employ the use of electronic options as
they may present themselves today and in the future.

 d. There shall be a manager and leader of the web-site development and
maintenance appointed by the Board of Directors.

Section 3 - Precision Aerobatics Promotions.

a. There shall be a Communications and Promotions manager to Manage the
Communications and promotions of the Sport of Precision Aerobatics. This
would include overseeing and coordinating the Newsletter and Web-site
equivalents of the future. This position is appointed by the NSRCA Board of
directors.

b. The NSRCA board should appoint a Judging Program manager. This would
include but not be limited to managing and developing the judging training
program.

c. The NSRCA board should appoint a Competitions manager to manage the
issues and aspects of competitions that involve the sport of Precision
Aerobatics. This would include but not be limited to management coordination
conflict resolution of and facilitation of the competitions-calendar, The
promotion of contests at club level. The development of tools and materials
that can be used to generate interest in pattern competition around the USA.