Rules Survey

Wladimir Kummer de Paula wladimir_kummer at ig.com.br
Wed Feb 9 02:43:48 AKST 2005

For me Balsa, Ply and FOAM are the best composite materials....Safe and
easy to work on...

You can really achieve the weight limit with a wood plane. Careful
engineering and building are the only skills necessary. You can
experiment with lighter (and cheaper) paints as the latex ones, also the
safest. They are not glow proof but will tolerate gasoline fuels. I´m
experimenting with top coats to make it impervious to glow.

Use epoxi only where it is really necessary. PVA glue is so much lighter
and with a good joint it can become almost as strong.

I do think rule change to acomodate a increase weight is necessary so we
can use less expensiv and more powerful gasoline engines and could use
eletrics withouth sacrificing structural integrity.