[SPAM] Re: [SPAM] Re: *SPAM* Re: Rules Survey

Bill Southwell bnbsouthwell at bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 8 18:28:37 AKST 2005

Hi Jeff,
  No doubt you can get a 2M under the wt if you use the typical "Pattern
Only"  ie.  expensive and less reliable,  for the job. If you put a
Gasser or a larger more robust (reliable) Moki 1.8 into the mix it would
take a very good builder to make the 11 lb cut off if at all. Its about
a wider  range of engines to choose from instead of the 3-4  engines
that cost a lot in :

1. purchase price
2. fuel expense ( hi nitro content)
3. any mistakes by a nebie in set up or needle settings  and its piston
and bearing time or worse
4. bearings and other parts not lasting a season  much less several
airplanes
5. special pipes and props, pumps needed to reach the power to wt
required. all add even more expense