Gator Wing Adjustors (Need Help)

Larry Diamond lld613 at psci.net
Sat Aug 27 09:13:50 AKDT 2005

Anybody know what the thread size is for the mounting screws of the Wing
Adjusters?

Anybody have any thoughts as to how this might have happened? I think I will
start dabbing a drop of Lisa's fingernail polish on these types of fasteners
in the future.

Upon landing my Focus, I noted that the gap between my wings and the fuse
were unusually large. I noted that the $3,000 screw in the wing was backed
all the way out and only held by the covering as it fell in my hand when I
touched it.

I originally thought the screw was the problem initially, but heard
something sliding around in the fuse when I picked it up. To my amazement it
was the right LE wing adjustor. However, the nuts and washers are missing.

Very lucky, as this happened after a demo flight at our clubs Air Show for
the city.

Larry

  _____