[SPAM] Re: Re: Judges Caller

Jim Ivey jivey61 at bellsouth.net
Thu Aug 4 13:27:11 AKDT 2005

 OK, My time.
 I think if someone else other than my caller was calling the manouvers at a different time than when I want the manouver,it would mess me up bigtime. It is hard to keep your mind on the flight with people talking in the background.
 Now having said that ,I could instruct my caller to say the manouvers loud enough that the judges could hear. To me that would be less distracting. Matter of fact we generally ask that to be done in local contests. It works pretty good and another person is not needed.

Jim Ivey

> From: ronlock at comcast.net
> Date: 2005/08/04 Thu PM 04:13:14 EDT
> To: discussion at nsrca.org,  discussion at nsrca.org
> CC: "Rick Wallace" <rickwallace45 at hotmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Judges Caller
>
> Agree with the Judges caller.  It will help, and is relatively easy to accomplish.
>
> Ron Lockhart

> Don Ramsey was kind enough to provide a judges' caller for the FAI Finals, and it was a great help... not to mention a source of occasional harmless smiles.
> I believe that the Pilot's caller is exactly that -- an assistant to the pilot. What goes on between them the pilot and caller shouldn't go any further than that. If the judges need a caller ( and that IS often a great help) that caller should be a separate person.
>

> >From: "Grow Pattern" <pattern4u at comcast.net>
> >To: <discussion at nsrca.org>
> >Subject: Re: Performance Judging?  Trial Balloon
> >Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 09:08:25 -0400