Performance Judging? Trial Balloon

Jay Marshall lightfoot at sc.rr.com
Tue Aug 2 15:42:15 AKDT 2005

Having yet to enter my first contest, I find this discussion on judging very
interesting. It would seem to me that it wouldn't matter if a judge was
"hard" or "easy" if for a given round in a class all of the pilots were
judged by the same set of judges. Is this the case? If not, then there is a
real problem! Reminds me of the time I attempted to show some dogs. Talk
about subjective and bias! Something like Olympic ice skating?

>From some of the vignettes offered it would seem that some of the judges
don't know their jobs very well. Scary.