Scoring formula: Process, Human factors, cut for length

George Kennie geobet at gis.net
Mon Aug 1 09:15:39 AKDT 2005

Boy Jim,
Our I-Pods are playing the same tune!
When I returned from the Nats I told my wife, "The only way this
thing is ever going to possibly be scored fairly is if everybody
flies the same identical aircraft and the judges are screened from
visual contact with the pilot and all competitors are recognized on
a number basis".
Had this been a possibility this year, there is no doubt in my mind
that the final result would have looked nothing like the actuality
(excepting Somenzini).
As long as we have human beings in the chair, biases ( real or
unrealized) will always prevail over reality.
Georgie