[SPAM] Re: RE: OS mixture question

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Wed Apr 20 06:02:59 AKDT 2005

On Apr 20, 2005, at 8:11 AM, Cameron Smith wrote:

> Are you supposed to change em? Seriously I change both plugs about
> every 3 to 5 cases of fuel. Sometimes I just rotate the center plug to
> the back position then replace the center plug. I replace ANYtime the
> engine deadsticks or acts to much out of character. Most times they
> are still good.
>  A buddy checked my idle the other day on my NEW Single plug (STOCK)
> head & it also Idles at 1K. Gotta luv it!

I've got to ask this:  Is there any real difference in the way an OS
1.40RX runs with the Mintor 1.40 head 'extra' plug in the 'front' or
'rear' position?  I know that Lance says to run it with the 'extra'
plug in the 'rear' position, but I theorized that there would be better
fuel ignition if the 'extra' plug was in the 'front' position, as far
away from the exhaust as possible.  I've been running mine that way and
the engine runs fine.

Ron Van Putte