Tailwheel Assys(FYI) Matt's gear

Richard Strickland richard.s at allied-callaway.com
Tue Apr 19 13:22:02 AKDT 2005

Not sure if anyone mentioned this one or not: Central Hobbies #NMPTW2-Cast/Forged Aluminum housing with a ball bearing on the steering arm(NO slop) complete with a machined hub wheel--about 1" DIA.  Not particularly light--but it IS cool.  $14.95  It's on the website.

BTW, have got two sets of Matt's tall gear installed (no, not on the same airplane smartass) and they are a few grams lighter than the shorter stock units as are his wheel pants.  Taking a little time to mount his pants and axles pays off--a very simple, strong, light and nicely thought out design--wheel change-outs should take under a minute.  Gonna have to hit the field every time with those long legs, baby.  Probably should roll it over and land inverted(like I'd have the presence of mind to do it) if I was going to end up in the weeds.

RS