venomous?????

Mike Hester kerlock at comcast.net
Wed Sep 29 11:08:59 AKDT 2004

I'll only address these 2 paragraphs, because they are the only 2 I haven't
yet.

First, I know of the sponsored pilot which you speak. I've met him a couple
of times, shared long conversations and emails. I do not think that this one
instance is a good watermark, and that is my opinion.

Next. Venom? Here or on RCU? 2 different places, 2 different styles. I'd
like to see how any of my statements can be described as "venomous". Quotes,
please. But in context. I sincerely missed it if anything was out of line.
One teasing line on RCU, but I wouldn't say venomous. Sarcastic
maybe....arguementative probably...but not venomous.

As for Troy personally, I've met him as well. Twice. Long before any of
this. once in Colorado, once in Ga. How it went is irrelavent.

If I seem "venomous" toward Troy, it is simply because I not only disagree
with his conclusions, but I disagree with his sometimes condescending tone.
It's easy enough to ignore, but just a couple of quotes:

""As for power and performance I will say this...the top end power of an
FZ-Sport or 140L is not equal to the 140 2 strokes. Where as I feel the
140DZ's power is on equal footing. Others will argue this but If prop and
setup right the 140DZ will haul the same model just as well top end as a
140RX. I experienced it and flew a 140EFI and RX's and the DZ in the same
Smaragd and chose the performance of the DZ. I don't want to argue this
point with anyone if you believe different that's fine...Lets go compete and
see where the chips fall."-Troy Newman

"I've been getting a tongue lashing on the NSRCA list about this
subject....But that's OK let's see how they stack up next NATS."-TN

....and if that doesn't appear somewhat arrogant to you, but my words seem
"venomous" to you, then something is backwards, and it isn't me brother. Am
I not allowed to voice my opinions as well? Or only if it's not in direct
disagreement with an FAI pilot?

Does this post seem venomous? Cuz I'm sitting here kicked back with a coke,
grinning, chuckling....we're talking toy planes. I could really care less. I
can just be as passionate about this as the next guy I guess.

-Mike